Saturday, September 22, 2012

Where Am I?

I've received some emails asking where I am, what I'm doing, and why WebPlex hasn't been updated with any new poetry, music, or videos.

First, let assure you that I have not given up on the WebPlex project.  Supporting poetry, literature, and music is one of my lifetime endeavors.   After almost 15 years, WebPlex has considerable content.  But sadly, it's extremely time consuming to maintain and update in it's current form.

Next year in 2013, I intend to move WebPlex into the WordPress platform using iThemes Builder, which is literally like WordPress on steroids.  I'm currently using Builder on several other projects and really can't say enough about it (sorry, no sales pitch intended).

I'm also spending time with Target Reviews and getting ready to do a major push in 2013.  The concept has been well tested for nearly two years.  So far, I think Google likes what I'm doing with Target Reviews as it seems to rank my pages well.

I have two new niche sites that I'm developing.  One is for The Coffee Connoisseur.  I've always been a coffee drinker and lately have ventured into gourmet coffee - it's a whole new world.

Our local wine club is also getting a website with a face lift called Dusty Bottle Wine Club.  The name is so befitting the group as we meet once each month and each person brings an old dusty bottle from their cellar.  It's a chance for us all to drink some high-end, expensive wines we've been collecting.

But the huge project in 2012 has been the coaching/education program.  I've been working with many students and getting some great results.  They're learning web design, WordPress, and even a bit of PHP and HTML.  I truly think I've found my passion.  Well actually, teaching was always my passion, since my early days of teaching Mathematics at Ohio University.

So I conceived and founded Syndicated Riches which is a community of people that work together and help each other with experienced, successful people acting as mentors.  The site is currently in BETA testing and we're still accepting applications for BETA testers.

Bruce A. Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment